Innovative Tables Enhance Collaborative Learning
There is no doubt that allowing students to work and play in a setting that encourages a shared learning experience accomplishes many things:
- Increases excitement and a joy of learning
- Helps foster strong interpersonal relationships
- Allows students to learn from each other
- Enhances mentoring opportunities
- Brings classmates closer together to work as a team
- Increases opportunities for close cooperation
- Educational and emotional benefits abound
- Teachers and administrators can use this strategy to evaluate and encourage greater self- awareness among students
- Above all... It's fun to work in small groups and accomplish amazing things together
A fantastic article appearing in the April 3rd, 2013 edition of Education News entitled "What's Happening to Cooperative Learning" gives specific examples and insights into how cooperative learning can and should be used to enhance the learning experience.
The Allied Common Core Aligned M5 Series of Dry-Erase markerboard tables are winning rave reviews.
View them at: Allied Common Core Aligned M5 Series
The Allied Collaboration Station is a great example of how students can be arranged and encouraged to work both collaboratively as well as individually.
View them at: Allied Collaboration Station